Word cloud art is a grouping of words combined together to create a larger image. Words are generally weighted differently to signify importance (larger, more prominent words are more significant than smaller ones) and, depending on the program you’re using, can form any number of shapes! Keep reading to discover where you can find word cloud generators, creative ways to use word cloud art, and how you can proudly display it!
🧭 Where To Find Word Cloud Art Generators
There are plenty of options when it comes to finding a good word cloud generator. When you’re evaluating which website or app program might work best for you, pay careful attention to the features and the ability to customize word cloud art. You’ll find some programs are free, and others cost money or require a membership, and while they all offer basic capabilities, some are more user-friendly or feature-rich than others. Our advice is to try a few out, see which programs feel the best, and go from there! To get you started, though, here are several well-known options to explore:
💡 How To Use Word Cloud Art
There are so many creative and thoughtful ways to use a word cloud – your imagination is the limit! To give you a little inspiration, here are some unique ways to use word clouds for yourself or as gifts:
- 📆 Anniversaries – Use words related to how and where you met and anything special that made the day memorable.
- 🎓 Graduation – Fill your cloud art with words related to school, favorite subjects, friends, inspirational teachers, or fun projects.
- 🖼 Wall art – Words are inspiring, so load your art with words that uplift you in a shape that makes you smile!
- 🎸 Favorite musician/book – Use song lyrics or passages from your favorite musical artist or author! It’s a great way to memorialize nostalgic pieces and it makes a fun gift too.
- 🎈 Birthdays – Gather words about the special person, whether it’s about their horoscope sign, the season they were born in, or what makes them awesome, for a truly thoughtful gift!
- 🥎 Hobbies – An excellent way to celebrate your favorite pastime! Collect words related to your hobby in a special shape for instant personalized artwork.
And there are tons of ways you can use word cloud art professionally, too:
- 📆 Work anniversaries – Collect a few kind words from everyone on the team and add them to a word cloud to give to employees on their work anniversaries.
- 👋🏼 Going away gifts – Show employees who are moving on that you care with a thoughtful word cloud that summarizes all the hard work and good memories they’re leaving.
- 🎨 Brand art – Use words that incorporate your mission or vision statement and any other important rhetoric to make a word cloud for the office.
- 🏆 Awards – Give employees who work hard a shout-out with word cloud art that speaks to all their positive attributes as part of your employee appreciation strategy.
- 📊 Presentations – Word cloud art is especially good if you’re trying to visualize word-heavy data, like feedback comments, etc. You can use word size and weight to emphasize what’s important!
- 💰 Promotions – Memorialize your department promotions with word cloud art filled with all the professional skills they used to move up and gift it to them.
FREE Southwestern Art Prints
Join our mailing list for instant access to three FREE southwestern-style art prints, ready for framing!
🖼 How To Frame Word Cloud Art
Once you’ve found the best program and finished designing your word cloud, it’s important to think about how and where you’ll display your art. Whether you’re making them for personal use or as a gift, we recommend you frame them to protect them from getting torn or stained.
Depending on the style of your art, we have a frame that’ll be the perfect fit! Try a thin face frame with a neutral matboard for more modern designs, like our Ashford frame. For something a bit more traditional, our elegant Granby frame is sure to please and comes in a variety of finishes that will blend seamlessly with any decor scheme. Get creative with your matboard, and select a color that compliments your art!
Head over to our interactive frame designer to start your order! If you have a digital image, upload it, select your design options, choose your cover (we offer both standard and non-glare acrylic covers) and paper (choose either photo or art paper), and we’ll print, frame, and ship a ready-to-hang picture to your doorstep! If you already have a print, simply enter your artwork size, choose your options, and we’ll send a ready-to-hang frame to your home or office.
🔨 Where To Display Word Cloud Art
Once you’ve received your frames, you’ll need to find an area to proudly display them in your home or office! Depending on the availability of wall space, you can showcase a collection of your word cloud art creations in a captivating staggered gallery wall, or if wall space is limited, you could arrange your smaller pieces in a stylish tabletop display on your desk, in a bookcase, or on a dresser top!
For most of our frames, just hammer the hook & nail into the wall, then hang your frame from the wire off the hook. Our larger wood frames include wall buddies and an extra piece of hanging hardware that will prevent bowing. Just place the wall mounts on the wall, and drape the wall buddies over them.
🎬 Final Thoughts
There are so many fun and creative ways to use word cloud art! Whether it be for personal use, as a gift, or for business, the options are pretty much endless. Once you’ve experimented with and found the best word cloud generator and designed to your heart’s content, don’t forget to frame it to preserve your creative work for years to come! We hope this has been useful to you and given you tons of creative inspiration to design your word cloud art (don’t forget to share those creations with us on social media!).
Ready to learn more about trending digital art topics? Don’t miss the video below ⬇️
This post first appeared as Creative Word Cloud Art: How To Find, Use, & Frame It on Frame It Easy - Learning Center for Custom Picture Framing.